Tuesday, December 27, 2011


Computer with 19 Euro from the University of Cambridge 
In 2012 the Raspberry will come in the technology market. Raspberry is a computer that costs on19 Euro! This computer development is funded from the Computer Lab of Cambridge University. 

This computer will be available in a board form and will be released this year in two models:
  •          Raspberry Pi A model with 128 MB RAM without Ethernet port
  •          Raspberry Pi B model with 256 MB RAM with Ethernet port
This cheap computer is a major challenge in the IT market. Millions of students will benefit from the low cost computer, especially in countries which suffered from economic crisis.

The computer of 19 Euros includes:

     ARM11 processor at 700 MHz
     Memory 128 MB SD RAM
     Analysis 1080p, H264 playback
     Outputs Composite and HDMI
     USB 3.0 port
     Cards SD / MMC / SDIO
     I / O port for general use
     OS Linux Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu

1 comment:

  1. hehehehehehehe .... so you found out!
    I can't wait to get my hands on one (or more) of them - especially the 'B' model with an ethernet connection...I am on the waiting list!!!!

    I haven't been so exited about a 'new' computer since Commodore 64 version 2 came out ;-)

    The brilliant thing of the raspberry is that you can actually program the thing to do what you want it to do - and create cheap, little autonomous devices that can monitor, operate and control a lot of functions around the house, such as the heating, security ...

    Or you could clump them together in a 'bramble' and make a more performant cluster of small devices that share the workload to do more complex things at a fraction of the cost of larger clusters...

    But the vision I have is to package the whole thing in a small box and have a very portable device (the size of a cigarette pack) that I can take on the road with me and use the TV's in hotels, monitors at the university and my wireless keyboard (roll-up or other) and save on weight when flying ... I can even see me pack it with a small (7inch) LCD screen (12 euro on ebay) and build an ultra-portable device that will use the small screen on the road and use LCD TVs when a bigger screen is needed ...

    Ryan Air, watch out - I come with even less luggage!

    ReplyDelete